Who we are:
The Cardano Foundation is the independent, non-profit organization responsible for stewarding the advancement of the public, permissionless blockchain platform Cardano. Our mission is to establish the Cardano blockchain as the future financial and social system of the world for generations to come, driving adoption and facilitating development of the protocol. We aim to de-risk decentralization for regulators and organizations, while also giving the Cardano community the necessary tools and support to leverage the Cardano protocol to solve real world problems.
Based in Switzerland, the Foundation works to facilitate the use of Cardano in mission critical applications across a wide range of industries and markets, anchoring use cases in the off-line world and encouraging active on-chain participation and governance.
What you’ll be doing:
Our Metadata Tools team is seeking a motivated Java Developer to join our growing team. As a Java Developer at the Cardano Foundation you will build enterprise grade services within the Cardano ecosystem, learn new software development techniques and dive into the world of Blockchain tools development. We provide Open Source tools and services to our partners and community to enable industry adoption of the Cardano blockchain and help lead the world into a decentralised, fair and sustainable future.
The ideal candidate already has some experience developing Java based backend services whether on a professional or a community/free time based project and is eager to learn how to build enterprise grade applications and software libraries based on Blockchain technology.
This incorporates strong interpersonal skills and an open minded aptitude when it comes to learning new technologies, patterns and tools for professional software development.
Basic knowledge about blockchain technology in general or Cardano in particular is beneficial but you will get the possibility to learn along the way going through our onboarding curriculum.
We are looking for a motivated software engineer with a strong will to learn and a passion for solving real world challenges with software.
- Building enterprise grade software that helps in leveraging Cardano’s metadata features to build applications for Supply Chain, Digital Identity and other domains.
- Contribute to the implementation of development pipelines including automated unit and integration testing, code quality checks, continuous deployment etc. to enable a comprehensive but lean software development process and providing high quality output with regards to the release management of our tools.
- Analyse the Cardano protocol and existing implementations in other languages (Haskell, Rust) to partially reimplement relevant building blocks where necessary.
- Implement REST, GraphQL and Streaming based APIs using industry proven frameworks and cloud based infrastructure.
- Constantly learn new software development approaches and get familiar with the Blockchain in general and Cardano ecosystem in particular.
- Provide feedback to your team members and supervisors and help to shape and improve our work mode and environment.
- Contribute to our Open-Source repositories.
Cardano Foundation has incredible employees from over 24 nationalities, across 3 continents which you will work collegiately to grow the Foundation.
Here at Cardano Foundation’s we are transparent, inclusive, passionate and innovative. As such our mission is to have a positive impact on global change and breed a harmonious working environment for our employees to flourish.
- Our employees have the flexibility and freedom to work from home with flexible working hours.
- All Cardano Foundation employees will have access to a personal annual learning budget dedicated to personal professional and personal development.
- A day a year is dedicated to a departmental team activity fun day out.
- Cardano Foundation gives the opportunity to its employees to dedicate a volunteering day to help the greater community or to be an expert in your field of work within the blockchain community.
- Employees are given additional day off for their birthday.
- Cardano Foundation also rewards days off as per established work anniversaries milestones.
Cardano Foundation strives to provide a diverse, inclusive and welcoming working environment. We are committed being a discrimination free organisation - including discrimination free space with regards to age, religion, race, nationality/ethnic origin, disability, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Applications from Recruitment Agencies
Cardano Foundation does not accept any applications from recruitment agencies for this position. We refuse any responsibility for unsolicited applications as well as any associated fees. Unsolicited applications will be treated as direct application regardless of the channel through which we receive them. Please get in touch with our Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss recruitment services and do not contact Cardano Foundation employees directly.