Who we are:
The Cardano Foundation is the independent, non-profit organization responsible for stewarding the advancement of the public, permissionless blockchain platform Cardano. Our mission is to establish the Cardano blockchain as the future financial and social operating system of the world for generations to come, driving adoption and facilitating development of the protocol. We aim to de-risk decentralization for regulators and organizations, while also giving the Cardano community the necessary tools and support to leverage the Cardano protocol to solve real world problems.
Based in Switzerland, the Foundation works to facilitate the use of Cardano in mission critical applications across a wide range of industries and markets, anchoring use cases in the off-line world and encouraging active on-chain participation and governance.
What you’ll be doing:
We are seeking a skilled Procurement and Operations Officer to be part of the CF Operations Team and provide continuous support on procurement and operational needs to the Cardano Foundation. The ideal candidate is a big team player by heart, enjoys data processing, is a resourceful thinker and good problem-solver with an open and communicative personality.
- Managing the bidding process for materials and services during the early stages of project planning
- Maintaining relationships with vendors and negotiating contracts with them to ensure they are meeting quality standards and can deliver on time
- Negotiating prices with suppliers in order to get the best possible price while maintaining high quality standards and service levels
- Establishing and overseeing inventory control procedures to ensure that items are available when they are needed
- Working with internal teams to develop materials needed for a project
- Coordinating with third party contractors for specialized services
- Developing new methods for improving efficiency in procurement processes such as implementing online bidding platforms or updating procurement policies to reflect current trends in the industry
- Conduct regular internal tool and resource auditing to ensure optimal efficiency
Nice to have:
If you are excited about working in a high growth environment, taking ownership and being part of a high performing team with a passion for blockchain and decentralized open- source networks, we would love to receive your application.
Cardano Foundation has incredible employees from over 24 nationalities, across 3 continents which you will work collegiately to grow the Foundation.
Here at Cardano Foundation’s we are transparent, inclusive, passionate and innovative. As such our mission is to have a positive impact on global change and breed a harmonious working environment for our employees to flourish.
- Our employees have the flexibility and freedom to work from home with flexible working hours.
- All Cardano Foundation employees will have access to a personal annual learning budget dedicated to personal professional and personal development.
- A day a year is dedicated to a departmental team activity fun day out.
- Cardano Foundation gives the opportunity to its employees to dedicate a volunteering day to help the greater community or to be an expert in your field of work within the blockchain community.
- Employees are given additional day off for their birthday.
- Cardano Foundation also rewards days off as per established work anniversaries milestones.
Cardano Foundation strives to provide a diverse, inclusive and welcoming working environment. We are committed being a discrimination free organisation - including discrimination free space with regards to age, religion, race, nationality/ethnic origin, disability, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Applications from Recruitment Agencies
Cardano Foundation does not accept any applications from recruitment agencies for this position. We refuse any responsibility for unsolicited applications as well as any associated fees. Unsolicited applications will be treated as direct application regardless of the channel through which we receive them. Please get in touch with our Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com to discuss recruitment services and do not contact Cardano Foundation employees directly.